Thursday, December 13, 2012

Time of Life

Goodness - I've said it before, and I'll say it again I'm sure - I dislike transitions.

I have finished my college career. No more papers, tests, classes or credit hours. Whether I'll go on for a Master's degree or not, I am unsure. Right now I have to finish packing and then move back to my parents' house. Until God shows me what is next.

I think the hardest (scariest) part for me right now is how unknown my future is. I honestly have nothing concrete or definite that I am looking forward to. For some people that wide open opportunity is exciting, but it's not when I consider the default if something doesn't happen. I know that I want to write for a horse magazine, bless those around me and have a fulfilling life. I want to glorify God with my life, and I want to know that what I am doing it exactly what He wants me to be doing with my life. I want to do everything perfect, and I sometimes (a lot of the time) don't enjoy or praise God in the process. And I am going through a process to get somewhere - and that somewhere is unknown to me right now.

Two and half years ago I came here to Asbury to finish college. It was a step of faith, and God took care of me. Looking back and around - this has been a mountain top experience. I wouldn't change a thing. He took me from a valley to a high green meadow. I still get so giddy and excited when I think that I've gotten to study equine journalism in Kentucky - in Kentucky, with horses and friends my age who love horses, and professors who love God. I am so thankful that I have gotten to experience this community, a place where I belong. Asbury is my school, and it will always be my school.

Now I have to go out and be the person that Asbury prepared me to be. I know it's time to move on. I am ready to be done with school work. But I am almost afraid that once I leave the Asbury community that I'll loose the community and connection I have here. Asbury's creed is "Academic Excellence and Spiritual Vitality." There is a great emphasis on community here. At the barn, the emphasis is, "God, people and horses." At no church or community group have I felt like I belong, as I have here.

You probably can read into the paragraphs above that my emotions are like a roller coaster right now. One minute I am super excited to be done with school. The next I am terrified of what I will do now that school is over. One minute I'm thankful for the friendships I have made and am confident that the ones God wants to last will last; I just need to treat everyone as Jesus would. The next minute I am so sad to be leaving my friends.

Life goes on. I know it will work out. God is in charge. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment